When you personal a Home windows 10 or 11 PC and an Xbox One or Collection X / S console, you may not bear in mind that these gadgets have some fascinating cross-functionality. Utilizing Microsoft’s Wi-fi Show app, you may simply output the video games out of your Xbox to your Home windows PC display screen. Conversely, it’s attainable to stream what’s in your PC to the TV that you just’re utilizing along with your Xbox — you may even management it from the console, and setting it up is surprisingly easy.
One observe, although: It is a wireless-only characteristic. As a result of the app makes use of Miracast to stream the content material out of your PC, you’ll have to guarantee that each the Home windows PC and Xbox One or Collection X / S are on the identical Wi-Fi community.
How you can stream your PC to your Xbox One or Collection X / S
Any Home windows 10 or 11 PC that may hook up with Wi-Fi will help casting to a wi-fi show, however you’ll have to obtain a free app for the Xbox.
- Navigate on the console to the Microsoft Retailer (or just click on this hyperlink) and obtain the Wi-fi Show app to your Xbox.
- As soon as the app is put in on the console, open it up. It would show a message saying that your console is now able to be linked to your PC. The app additionally mentions a really useful trace to remember: the controller can change between gamepad and keyboard / mouse management modes by urgent the menu and examine buttons (the 2 buttons beneath the backlit Xbox brand on the controller).
- Head over to your PC. When you’re able to stream some content material, press the keyboard combo Home windows + Ok. Alternatively, you may click on Hook up with a wi-fi show within the Show menu of the System settings. Both method, the following display screen will present your console’s identify.
- From right here, you may select to increase what’s in your PC monitor, duplicate it, or set the show on the Xbox as your second display screen. For our functions, we set it as a reproduction in order that the Xbox show mirrored our PC monitor.
- When you’re linked, you’ll see a small, movable taskbar positioned on the high of your PC monitor and your wirelessly linked TV. This allows you to modify the standard setting (accessible by clicking the gear icon) between gaming, working, or film modes. Throughout testing, it was robust to discern the distinction in visible high quality between the three. We discovered the gaming setting is finest for those who’re solely taking part in PC video games, because it has the least noticeable latency whereas utilizing a controller.
One tip: for those who’ve acquired better-sounding audio linked to your TV, you may change the audio to output there as an alternative of your PC.
- Faucet the speaker icon on the Home windows process bar.
- Choose Digital Output [your Xbox’s name here]
Lastly, Microsoft claims that you just can not use the Wi-fi Show app to show what it deems to be “protected content material.” So any encrypted video content material from apps like Netflix or Hulu gained’t work. Nevertheless, we had been capable of stream something we wished by the Google Chrome browser. When you’re working into hassle making an attempt to get your film or TV reveals from Netflix or Hulu to look, we recommend downloading these apps from the Microsoft Retailer on Xbox as an alternative.